Our Lady of Good Counsel, Broughty Ferry, Dundee

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 45810 30920, map


Address

Westfield Road
Broughty Ferry
Dundee
Angus
Scotland

Introduction

This town church has brick walls and a slate roof. It was built in 1904 by T. M. Cappon in a Gothic style. There is a tower at the western end which holds a statue of the Madonna and Child. 

The original church is now used as a social area and worship has been moved to a modern red brick extension along the South side of the site and running East/West.  The two areas are separated by a wood and blue glass screen.  The main entrance is now via the extension.    The original church has been stripped to make an open area but the choir gallery and arched window have been retained. The new area for worship is furnished in a simple, modern style with light wood.  There are 7 pairs of modern arched stained glass windows along the length of the North wall of the new church and into the original.  There is a small side chapel on the South side with one pair of arched stained glass windows.  


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1904)