Aberdour Free Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 18800 85100, map


Address

High Street
Aberdour
Fife
Scotland

Also known as:

  • Aberdour United Free Church (1900)
    Marked as United Free Church on 1921 OS map.

Introduction

A Free Church was built in Aberdour during the Disruption of the mid 19th century, when the Established Church was split and the Free Church was formed. The church in Aberdour was built in around 1845, near to the then parish church (which is now a hall). It later became a United Free Church and was eventually closed when most of the members rejoined the Church of Scotland. The church was subsequently demolished, likely in the 1950s. No other information is currently available.

J Dowling 2017


Description (exterior)


Description (interior)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
United Free ChurchDenomination1900-1966BNot present on 1966 6inch to the mile O.S map.
Free ChurchDenomination1845-1900

Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1843-1856)
    Marked on the 1st edition O.S map.
  • Church: Destruction/demolition (1943-1966)
    Marked on the 1943 O.S map but not the 1966 6 inch to the mile edition.

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 6943