Quaker Meeting House, South Street

National Grid Reference (NGR): NO 50500 16500, map


Address

213 South Street
St Andrews
Fife
Scotland

Introduction

The Religious Society of Friends, known as Quakers, has met in a variety of places in St Andrews during the last fifty years, including at this address in South Street, which is a private house. The history of the Quakers in St Andrews can be found in a separate entry, Religious Society of Friends - Quakers.


Description (exterior)


Description (interior)


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
QuakersDenomination1982-1993

Events:

  • Meeting hall: Build/construction (1903)
  • Meeting hall: Custodial Transfer (1982)
    Quakers moved into building.
  • Meeting hall: Closure (1993)
    The Quakers moved to another meeting place.

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 7251 and 10655
Historic Scotland Listed Building Reports - Online databaseView HS Listing Online: 40660