Dunipace North Parish Church

National Grid Reference (NGR): NS 82030 83270, map


Address

Nr Denovan House
Stirling
Scotland

Description

Dunipace North Parish Church

Construction materials: Stone - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

The church is located on the road to Larbert, one mile east of Dunipace and opposite Denovan House. It replaced an earlier church on the site when it was built in 1834. The church has an oblong plan, 57''6' by 39'', and has yellow freestone ashlar masonry. It is buttressed and has a tower at the west end and a vestry at the east end. The sides of the church have three large pointed windows, with Gothic tracery and hoodmoulds, and buttresses between them. The east gable has two smaller windows, with a small decorated circular window above. The wall-heads finish in broad moulded bands, and the corner buttresses feature tall finnials. The tower is divided by three-staged string courses. The interior features seating facing the pulpit at the east end and a gallery, reached by a stone stair in the tower. There is a flat plastered ceiling. Researched and written by J. Dowling, 12/9/03.

Finial

Tower

Vestry

Carved stone

Furnishing

Stained Glass


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1834)