Dundas Church, Grangemouth

National Grid Reference (NGR): NS 92920 81990, map


Address

Bo'ness Rd, Grangemouth
Stirling
Scotland

Description

Dundas Church, Grangemouth

Construction materials: Stone (rubble, bound) - Used for walls; Slate - Used for roof;

The church has a rectangular rectangular plan, with a central arcade. The church was designed with English Village Arts and Crafts elements, alongside more traditional Gothic and Romanesque designs. There is a sizeable timber-framed porch and a squat, short, square tower, with louvred lancets, corbelled parapet and short spire. A projecting octagonal vestry and a nave are also present. The church is rubble built (some squared), with ashlar dressings, and the roof is slated. Inside, the tower opens through a stone arch into the nave. The west side of the nave features a three-bay arcade with arches. There are wooden coomb roofs, and the nave and aisle roofs have braces and rafters. The 1894 pulpit stands to the east side of the sanctuary, and plain pine pews of 1894 are also present. It is in good condition and in full ecclesiastical use. Researched and written by J. Dowling, 8/9/03 + 18/9/03.

Porch

Spire

Tower

Vestry


Events:

  • Church: Build/construction (1894)
    People: Sir John James Burnet