Kirkcaldy Free Church Manse

National Grid Reference (NGR): NT 28300 92100, map


Address

St. Mary's Road
Kirkcaldy
Fife
KY1 2RW
Scotland

Introduction

This congregation was originally formed around 1900 and built themselves a new church in Millie Street in 1910 (site number: 8436). They left this building c.1990 and met in the manse on St. Mary�s Road until the opening of their new church on St. Clair Street in 1992 (site number: 10605). The Manse is situated on St. Mary�s Road, and is a fairly standard bungalow of c. 1930s construction.


Description

The house has a large hipped roof with modern tiles and white harled walls. To the front are two bay windows, all with modern double glazed fenestration.


People / Organisations:

NameRoleDatesNotes
Free ChurchDenominationC1990-1992

Events:

  • : Build/construction (1930)

Archive References:

NameReferenceNotes
CSA: Inventory of Scottish Church Heritage - HardcopyReference: 8930Research and images by Ann Watters. Kirkcaldy Free Church and Free Church Millie St. included within this record.
CSA: Inventory of Scottish Church Heritage - HardcopyReference: 8930Ann Watters
Scottish Church Heritage Research Archive - Offline databaseReference: 8930

Bibliographic References:

NameAuthorDateNotes
Kirkcaldy\'s Churches Brief HistoriesKirkcaldy Civic Society1999p. 37